THE WISH - Prologue THE WISH - Prologue

Very well made! Your cartoon models keep getting better and better! Though, I'll still take off one star for the somewhat jittery animation, it's not distracting but it's not quite unnoticeable, either. May I suggest drawling more in-betweens? Moreover, the font used in the animation is definitely out of place, but this is just a simple nit-pick of mine. Overall, a pretty good pilot episode, but my main gripe with it is the somewhat choppy animation; clean up the animation a little and this would've been a sure 5-stars from me :)

Wondermeow responds:

Thanks for the feedback will keep note.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

Crack in my system Crack in my system

Now, that's freaking terrifying!
But I really liked the smooth and fluid animation, defiantly made the animation that much more detailed (and terrifying).

DeadFlyFromMoon responds:

Thanks. ;) Yeah for me it was a reason to make creepy atmosphere.

Stay Positive Stay Positive

That escalated quickly!
Really nice and fluid animation. Along with a dash of dark-humor and it's defiantly one of the better animations I've seen on this site. Though, I felt that the pacing was a tad too slow, the movie didn't really go anywhere 'till around the mid-way mark where it then exponetially picked up the pace and by the time the animation was over I defiantely felt off. But really, that's just a nit-pick and something as small as that really isn't that big of a deal as I'm sure something like pacing is tricky to do, especially with a animation like this. Plus the moral definately made up for the inconsistent pacing. Overall, a really good animation, it reminds me of the DHMIS-series but in a good way! Nice job, dude :)

Sijbren responds:

Thnx for the kind review!
And yes I'm trying to work on my timing and spacing, it's something you can never stop learning about. Funny you mention DHMIS, it was one of my influences.

THIS IS AMAZING THIS IS AMAZING

This is... Umm... Interesting? It's what the cool kids call "Oddly Satisfying" and I can definitely see why you named this game such a obscure name. Firstly, I LOVE puzzle games, it's a fun way to exercise your brain. Secondly, this game is getting 4.5/5 for one tiny nit pick reason but I'll get to that later.

PROS:
+ Steady difficulty curve
+ Excellent minimalist design
+ Like I said before it's oddly satisfying when your shape covers where it needs to
+ A very complete game, has a reset button and everything. You'd be surprised how many flash games don't have that
+ It's easy to understand your objective; no tutorial needed
+ I'm a sucker for geometric shapes :3

NEUTRAL:
* Maybe adds some background music or a sound effect when you move one of those points
* More levels? IDK 16 levels seems rather short

NEGATIVE:
- The one negative I see in this game is you can move a point off screen and the only way to get it back on screen is to reset the level. This can a huge problem when you just found out about this bug and you're almost done with the level, but generally you will smart to not move the point off screen anymore after that.

tl;dr
Pretty much a perfect flash game. Everything about it was great and enjoyable, granted the game is pretty short, I finished through level 11 in roughly 10 minutes. But that level 12 is a tricky one :L Well done on this game :)

JokerDenFromMR responds:

Thank you for complex review!

Circls Circls

Really good game, it's something I really never seen before. You have to hold down a certain letter until the circle surround the letter is the same size as your's. At times it does get a little boring but other times it really keeps you on your toes. (Or in this case finger :P)

POSITIVES:
+ An interesting concept that I've never seen before
+ Catchy theme, not the best but matches with the game fairly well
+ The satisfaction of getting a perfect five times in a row ^-^
+ Steady difficulty with easy, medium, and hard
+ The slow-mo power-up helps a lot!

OPINIONATIVES:
-/+ Main menu pretty boring, but oh well
-/+ Circls? Is the typo intentionally? (I truthfully can't tell)
-/+ Levels going on forever? I don't like that, I like the satisfaction of beating a whole level

NEGATIVES:
- I don't know if it's just me, but sometimes when I think I'm on point, I end up getting a "Bad" maybe the hit detection is a bit off?

Overall, a solid flash game, definitely something I might come back to for nostalgia. The concept is original, the music is great, and most importantly it's fun. I've seen a lot of crap minimal flash games here on Newgrounds but every now and then there's a diamond in the ruff. Good job on the game :)

Rope Jump Rope Jump

Meh, It's okay. This game really isn't anything special. You have "x" item jumping over "x" thing. This mechanic has been done SO many times and better at that. But that's not to say this game is totally bad, there are some things that make it border-line okay.

POSITIVES:
+ High score displays everyone that's played. Nice touch on that
+ The cloud that passes every now and then is some sort of distraction, but add some more to it
+ Simplistic enough for all age groups
+ Has some addictive charm to it; you have the feeling that you want to beat your high score

NEGATIVES:
- Mediocre graphics
- No pattern to the jump rope, all you have to do is jump when it's at the highest point.
- The jumping sound effect begins to drive you crazy
- No music, add some music. Perhaps a song that starts off slow and then picks up as you progress further and further?
- Add some variation with the jump rope, start off slow and then pick up the pace little by little.
- Make the jump rope animate more smoothly, what are we playing this on? A Game and Watch?

Overall, it needs work; lot's of it! You can take this constructive criticism with grain of salt or try some things I suggest. The game has an okay base but it needs more "fuel." You can keep it the way it is or you can improve it. :)

Cold Echo Cold Echo

It's too empty; bad not bad.
The song in general just sounds very empty and with a genre of music like Dubstep, you really gotta fill up the entire sound spectrum to please the listener. I can only hear the bass, the drums, and one extra sound in this song and trust me, that's no enough to keep the listener engaged. Moreover, I find it very hard to distinguish the so-called drop from the rest of the song, a drop needs to be obvious, here I can hear a vague build up and then the song kinda just floats into the drop, that's a bug no, no right there; what I would recommend is to do the drum build-up and then right afterwards, hit the drop and while on the topic of drops, add more sounds and instruments, like I said the song sounds very empty, I understand that you're new to music production (from what I can tell) so I won't really be to harsh on that, but do keep it mind for your next song.

All of that being said, I do like the introduction of the song, it feels like something big is about to happen. Also, the growls used song pretty good, in my opinion, though I would make them louder, in the song they seem to be ducking behind the other sounds, which is not a good thing; make the growl basses more prominent. So to conclude, not bad but it does need a lot more sounds, though I will say the sounds that are in the song are not bad and sound pretty darn good, just add more of them in your next song.

Jabiraca responds:

Wow, thanks for the review, man! I will try to improve at the next song.

Xtrullor - Nirmiti Xtrullor - Nirmiti

Nothing like an Xtrullor eargasm!
This song can be best described as Xtrullor, you really do have a style of your own now which really sets you apart from everybody else of your site, I'm being completely honest when I say nobody on this site or anywhere (from what I've heard) has the same style as you. I love your orchestral dubstep style it just sounds so... powerful. And those drops, man I feel like I'm repeating myself at this point but those drops are phenomenal I love your now hybrid drops that combine your old work with your new orchestral work, it really does make things that much better. Moreover, your drums finally sounds brilliant! It's finally sounds unique (IMO) but still has that two-beat pattern that's essential in Dubstep. So overall, a truly 5-star song, you've come a long way Xtrullor, and all though this will probably get lost in all the other reviews I just want to say you are the artist that truly got me into Dubstep, so Xtrullor amazing job but above that, thank you!

My Girl My Girl

A bit different from your main style but that's not a bad thing...
Those are some pretty chill voice samples in the song, not sure why but this reminds me of a song that I would hear in the credits of like some sort of super intense gang-related movie... Anyway, the drum beat is also dope, too and moreover the melody, although basic, goes great with the drums and voice samples. Moreover-over this is one of the chillest songs I've heard in a while, seriously this is the type of song I would listen to on loop to just... chill. Overall, an awesome chill hip hop beat. A bit different from your traditional style but it works. Nice job, Novacore!

OfficialNovacore responds:

Many thanks! Glad you like.

Wildcat Wildcat

Where did the inspiration of this come from? It's a really unique piece of art and it's definitely not something you clump together for the hell of it; what inspired this?

EzekielH responds:

Well, I've been looking at different types of gifs and glitch art for the past month, to utilize the style in my senior thesis. After doing some the research, I practiced on weird visual effects (glitches) and what can be a glitch. Also, how cats can see in the dark and how the moon reminds me of a glowing eye.

That's what I got.