What Lies Beneath What Lies Beneath

I love it!
It's a great ambient song, that builds up tension and leaves the listener wondering what's going to happen next and therefore it could definitely be used in a way to accelerate tension. Though the song progresses pretty slowly and the song is basically just a (very) slow progression that, in my opinion, could go into a chorus/drop, but that's just me. Overall, though, you show a lot of potential and that is why I'm scouting you! Hope to hear more from you :)

BenzeneBeanMage responds:

Ah, thank you, so, SO much!! I was actually messing around with some VSTs I didnt really use or haven't used in a while, and if it werent for adding the piano, I dont think this would have been finished! Even though I've been doing this for almost a year now, Im still a little all over the place with what things are and properly building up a song and having all the certain parts (which I should look up), but I can say that I've definitely improved, like anyone else in the community!
*To shorten it, you have no idea how thankful I am to be scouted, and this review is true to it's word! My style is a bit of an aquired taste I suppose, and still has plenty of room for improvement! But again, thank you so much, and sorry for the ramble!

Xtrullor - Karma (feat. Albert Hyrönen) Xtrullor - Karma (feat. Albert Hyrönen)

Awesome everything... except for the drops
I'll say this, the morphing of the acoustic guitar and electronic music actually sounds really sweet, and the intro along with the breakdowns sound amazing! The guitar give the song this southern feel while still sounding like some awesome mid-tempo. But that's were the positives end.

Those drops just don't sound good, in my opinion. It seemed you didn't know what to do when you got there in the song so you just collided instruments and growls together in hopes of making it sound nice. To me there's a fine line between what's wobble garbage and what's eargasmicly amazing, the drop is unfortunately nothing more than wobble garbage. It doesn't sound massive and powerful like your other drops, rather sounds like a series of electronic-y sounds mixed together in the worst possible way. I really want to like this song, but with just those horrendous drops, I can't and considering you've done a hell of a lot better, this just comes across as just disappointing (with the drops anyway).

All of that being said, I can see that this was an attempt. And up 'til the drops it was a pretty solid attempt. If you ever choose to make a song like this again, this is what I would recommend: a drop that's more organized and structured, all of your drops in the past have been, despite how they sound, very well organized/structured, there easy to listen to while still sounding epic, here the sounds are all over the place in turn overwhelming the listener. Something else I would recommend it to get rid of the running notes (or any unnecessary sound in the drop) heard in 1:07 and 2:44, they're out of place and are just unnecessary additions to the drop.

Overall, far from your best work. But taking into account how it was an attempt at new style you've never done. I can't go too hard on the song... Nevertheless, you still remain as my favorite music producer and as always I'm excited to hear what other greatness you pump out next.

Cold Echo Cold Echo

It's too empty; bad not bad.
The song in general just sounds very empty and with a genre of music like Dubstep, you really gotta fill up the entire sound spectrum to please the listener. I can only hear the bass, the drums, and one extra sound in this song and trust me, that's no enough to keep the listener engaged. Moreover, I find it very hard to distinguish the so-called drop from the rest of the song, a drop needs to be obvious, here I can hear a vague build up and then the song kinda just floats into the drop, that's a bug no, no right there; what I would recommend is to do the drum build-up and then right afterwards, hit the drop and while on the topic of drops, add more sounds and instruments, like I said the song sounds very empty, I understand that you're new to music production (from what I can tell) so I won't really be to harsh on that, but do keep it mind for your next song.

All of that being said, I do like the introduction of the song, it feels like something big is about to happen. Also, the growls used song pretty good, in my opinion, though I would make them louder, in the song they seem to be ducking behind the other sounds, which is not a good thing; make the growl basses more prominent. So to conclude, not bad but it does need a lot more sounds, though I will say the sounds that are in the song are not bad and sound pretty darn good, just add more of them in your next song.

Jabiraca responds:

Wow, thanks for the review, man! I will try to improve at the next song.

Xtrullor - Nirmiti Xtrullor - Nirmiti

Nothing like an Xtrullor eargasm!
This song can be best described as Xtrullor, you really do have a style of your own now which really sets you apart from everybody else of your site, I'm being completely honest when I say nobody on this site or anywhere (from what I've heard) has the same style as you. I love your orchestral dubstep style it just sounds so... powerful. And those drops, man I feel like I'm repeating myself at this point but those drops are phenomenal I love your now hybrid drops that combine your old work with your new orchestral work, it really does make things that much better. Moreover, your drums finally sounds brilliant! It's finally sounds unique (IMO) but still has that two-beat pattern that's essential in Dubstep. So overall, a truly 5-star song, you've come a long way Xtrullor, and all though this will probably get lost in all the other reviews I just want to say you are the artist that truly got me into Dubstep, so Xtrullor amazing job but above that, thank you!

My Girl My Girl

A bit different from your main style but that's not a bad thing...
Those are some pretty chill voice samples in the song, not sure why but this reminds me of a song that I would hear in the credits of like some sort of super intense gang-related movie... Anyway, the drum beat is also dope, too and moreover the melody, although basic, goes great with the drums and voice samples. Moreover-over this is one of the chillest songs I've heard in a while, seriously this is the type of song I would listen to on loop to just... chill. Overall, an awesome chill hip hop beat. A bit different from your traditional style but it works. Nice job, Novacore!

OfficialNovacore responds:

Many thanks! Glad you like.

Xtrullor - The Armor of God Xtrullor - The Armor of God

It sounds like a super intense boss-fight theme, in fact, I might actually use this song in a fan-made boss fight I'm making :) Once again, great song, Xtrullor. I really wish I can give you constructive criticism but sadly I can't see a single thing wrong with this song except for one nitpick, which is that the sub bass in the intro is a bit too loud, but other than that a pretty much perfect song, can't wait to here more from you!

WiP Dubstep WiP Dubstep

Orchestral Dubstep, nice!
The drop is really unique and easy to listen to, while still sounding epic, but I'll to that later. That's something a lot of dubstep songs lack. Moreover, the intro reminds me of your 'The Undertaker's Daughter' instrumental which by no means is a bad thing, quite frankly I really enjoyed that song. But what I really liked, as I said before, is the drop. If I could explain the feeling I get when I listen to it, it's like I'm falling through history ;) Then I liked the second portion of the drop where it turns on wobbly and LFO on us but still maintains its easy-to-listen-to style. Steampianist, you've been a personal favorite of mine for a while now, and now that you're making a dubstep song, my favorite genre of music, I'm really excited for this, keep up the awesome work!

Light it Up Light it Up

I like it!
In the strangest way I get this Monstercat Artists vibe from this song, specifically in the first drop. Which in a bad thing, I like it actually. As far as using one-preset goes, I really couldn't tell, all the sounds sound different enough so I didn't see any limitations there. But that second drop, though! Holy crap, that's how you may a trap drop it was bassy an eargasmic, something that I like about any drop. That being said, I will admit that it sounds a little too over saturated, which is where I take off one star for this song but aside from that it's a really solid Trap song that gives me Monstercat vibes, nice job, Novacore and good luck!

OfficialNovacore responds:

Thanks, this was difficult for me to do since I'm used to using all of my self made stuff or my large lib of synths but I could only use Serum and the 6 presets that came with the contest pack to make the song. It was a nice challenge. The "this sounds like Monstercat" response while a compliment it does make me a little sad because Monstercat used to release lots of variety back when I started following them. Now that they're getting known for a specific sound it does depress me a little.

Xtrullor - Jnana Xtrullor - Jnana

It's awesome! Just not a perfect 5...

Personally, the last two songs you've made had pretty good drops in my opinion. You didn't to be pleased with them put I really thought they were amazing! This drop seemed to mesh your original eargasmic drops with you orchestral style which I personally think sounds amazing! This is truly one of your more better drops in a long while and I'm also very happy to see a more different drum sequence then your traditional Kick+Snare, the beat of a song really does make or break a song so that's a plus. I also love how atmospheric this song is. I mean, all of your other songs are pretty darn atmospheric but something about this really sticks out. Overall, this is a really awesome start to 'The second era of Xtrullor'!

Now here's why it's not quite a perfect 5 in my opinion, in some parts of the song it just sounds to generic and boring, those long voice samples for instance really does take away a lot from the song hence why I think this song deserves 4 out 5 starts. But really aside from that this truly is an awesome song, Xtrullor, I can't wait to hear more!

-Gawne

We are number one but it's a fat beat We are number one but it's a fat beat

Really nice breakbeat for sure!
I wish you didn't use the steam because that strips a lot of the creativity from the song, but I do like how it sounds, I still think it's a really sick remix, too. It definitely has a nice steady tempo that is always great in songs like this and it's also really catchy. Really, this would've been a perfect 5 stars if you didn't use the stems of the song but then again the song probably would've not turned out as great if you didn't use the stems, but overall, nice job!

CANDYdisturber responds:

Thanks for the review!
The reason I used the stems was because this was supposed to just be a little gag I did in a couple hours. It was never meant to be taken seriously, but I do appreciate the kind words.