By The Stars By The Stars

Very cool!
A bit too abstract for me, but nevertheless this animations atmosphere mixed with the music played really does make it something beautiful. Nicely done!

jene-e-edwards responds:

Thanks so much! That was the whole goal with this piece, to explore the story of the music with the animation. Thanks for watching!

Dark Sauce PART 6 (Finale) Dark Sauce PART 6 (Finale)

Really great style of animation and an actual comprehensible plot that's funny! Easily one of the best animations I've seen on this site! I just wish I understood some of the Dark Souls references since I don't actually play the game. Nevertheless, great animation keep up the great work!

ArinsMind responds:

Thanks! Really glad you were able to enjoy it without understanding all the references. I appreciate it!

Animation vs. YouTube Animation vs. YouTube

Brings me back to 2007 where I would binge watch every stick figures animation out there. Nicely done! :)

THIS IS AMAZING THIS IS AMAZING

This is... Umm... Interesting? It's what the cool kids call "Oddly Satisfying" and I can definitely see why you named this game such a obscure name. Firstly, I LOVE puzzle games, it's a fun way to exercise your brain. Secondly, this game is getting 4.5/5 for one tiny nit pick reason but I'll get to that later.

PROS:
+ Steady difficulty curve
+ Excellent minimalist design
+ Like I said before it's oddly satisfying when your shape covers where it needs to
+ A very complete game, has a reset button and everything. You'd be surprised how many flash games don't have that
+ It's easy to understand your objective; no tutorial needed
+ I'm a sucker for geometric shapes :3

NEUTRAL:
* Maybe adds some background music or a sound effect when you move one of those points
* More levels? IDK 16 levels seems rather short

NEGATIVE:
- The one negative I see in this game is you can move a point off screen and the only way to get it back on screen is to reset the level. This can a huge problem when you just found out about this bug and you're almost done with the level, but generally you will smart to not move the point off screen anymore after that.

tl;dr
Pretty much a perfect flash game. Everything about it was great and enjoyable, granted the game is pretty short, I finished through level 11 in roughly 10 minutes. But that level 12 is a tricky one :L Well done on this game :)

JokerDenFromMR responds:

Thank you for complex review!

Circls Circls

Really good game, it's something I really never seen before. You have to hold down a certain letter until the circle surround the letter is the same size as your's. At times it does get a little boring but other times it really keeps you on your toes. (Or in this case finger :P)

POSITIVES:
+ An interesting concept that I've never seen before
+ Catchy theme, not the best but matches with the game fairly well
+ The satisfaction of getting a perfect five times in a row ^-^
+ Steady difficulty with easy, medium, and hard
+ The slow-mo power-up helps a lot!

OPINIONATIVES:
-/+ Main menu pretty boring, but oh well
-/+ Circls? Is the typo intentionally? (I truthfully can't tell)
-/+ Levels going on forever? I don't like that, I like the satisfaction of beating a whole level

NEGATIVES:
- I don't know if it's just me, but sometimes when I think I'm on point, I end up getting a "Bad" maybe the hit detection is a bit off?

Overall, a solid flash game, definitely something I might come back to for nostalgia. The concept is original, the music is great, and most importantly it's fun. I've seen a lot of crap minimal flash games here on Newgrounds but every now and then there's a diamond in the ruff. Good job on the game :)

Rope Jump Rope Jump

Meh, It's okay. This game really isn't anything special. You have "x" item jumping over "x" thing. This mechanic has been done SO many times and better at that. But that's not to say this game is totally bad, there are some things that make it border-line okay.

POSITIVES:
+ High score displays everyone that's played. Nice touch on that
+ The cloud that passes every now and then is some sort of distraction, but add some more to it
+ Simplistic enough for all age groups
+ Has some addictive charm to it; you have the feeling that you want to beat your high score

NEGATIVES:
- Mediocre graphics
- No pattern to the jump rope, all you have to do is jump when it's at the highest point.
- The jumping sound effect begins to drive you crazy
- No music, add some music. Perhaps a song that starts off slow and then picks up as you progress further and further?
- Add some variation with the jump rope, start off slow and then pick up the pace little by little.
- Make the jump rope animate more smoothly, what are we playing this on? A Game and Watch?

Overall, it needs work; lot's of it! You can take this constructive criticism with grain of salt or try some things I suggest. The game has an okay base but it needs more "fuel." You can keep it the way it is or you can improve it. :)

Xtrullor - Authority Xtrullor - Authority

"Dedicated for the most dangerous superstition on this planet." Ha, nice...

Anyway, this track actually has a lot of things I like about your other tracks: a very prominent drum beat, those phasing sounds from Ego Death and your SUPER old tracks, and of course that 'rushing feeling' from The Armor of God's second drop.
Although, your drops really aren't as powerful as they were a few years back, I will say they continue to sound more dynamic something that keeps me listening to Dubstep, and with this track it's no exception. Back to what I said about that 'rushing' sensation; it's what I really like about this song, I feel like I'm in a middle of a super intense boss fight or something. Only two of your drops have given me this (quite tingly) sensation: The Armor of God and now Authority. In fact, it seems to be what your trying to turn your drops into; a rushing feeling that's gives the listener a sense of urgency and intensity, and you know what? I'm open arms to that. Keep doing what you're doing, Xtrullor. 'Cause if this is the stuff that I can look forward too for the rest of this year and next year, I'm excited to say the least :)

What Lies Beneath What Lies Beneath

I love it!
It's a great ambient song, that builds up tension and leaves the listener wondering what's going to happen next and therefore it could definitely be used in a way to accelerate tension. Though the song progresses pretty slowly and the song is basically just a (very) slow progression that, in my opinion, could go into a chorus/drop, but that's just me. Overall, though, you show a lot of potential and that is why I'm scouting you! Hope to hear more from you :)

BenzeneBeanMage responds:

Ah, thank you, so, SO much!! I was actually messing around with some VSTs I didnt really use or haven't used in a while, and if it werent for adding the piano, I dont think this would have been finished! Even though I've been doing this for almost a year now, Im still a little all over the place with what things are and properly building up a song and having all the certain parts (which I should look up), but I can say that I've definitely improved, like anyone else in the community!
*To shorten it, you have no idea how thankful I am to be scouted, and this review is true to it's word! My style is a bit of an aquired taste I suppose, and still has plenty of room for improvement! But again, thank you so much, and sorry for the ramble!

Xtrullor - Karma (feat. Albert Hyrönen) Xtrullor - Karma (feat. Albert Hyrönen)

Awesome everything... except for the drops
I'll say this, the morphing of the acoustic guitar and electronic music actually sounds really sweet, and the intro along with the breakdowns sound amazing! The guitar give the song this southern feel while still sounding like some awesome mid-tempo. But that's were the positives end.

Those drops just don't sound good, in my opinion. It seemed you didn't know what to do when you got there in the song so you just collided instruments and growls together in hopes of making it sound nice. To me there's a fine line between what's wobble garbage and what's eargasmicly amazing, the drop is unfortunately nothing more than wobble garbage. It doesn't sound massive and powerful like your other drops, rather sounds like a series of electronic-y sounds mixed together in the worst possible way. I really want to like this song, but with just those horrendous drops, I can't and considering you've done a hell of a lot better, this just comes across as just disappointing (with the drops anyway).

All of that being said, I can see that this was an attempt. And up 'til the drops it was a pretty solid attempt. If you ever choose to make a song like this again, this is what I would recommend: a drop that's more organized and structured, all of your drops in the past have been, despite how they sound, very well organized/structured, there easy to listen to while still sounding epic, here the sounds are all over the place in turn overwhelming the listener. Something else I would recommend it to get rid of the running notes (or any unnecessary sound in the drop) heard in 1:07 and 2:44, they're out of place and are just unnecessary additions to the drop.

Overall, far from your best work. But taking into account how it was an attempt at new style you've never done. I can't go too hard on the song... Nevertheless, you still remain as my favorite music producer and as always I'm excited to hear what other greatness you pump out next.

Wildcat Wildcat

Where did the inspiration of this come from? It's a really unique piece of art and it's definitely not something you clump together for the hell of it; what inspired this?

EzekielH responds:

Well, I've been looking at different types of gifs and glitch art for the past month, to utilize the style in my senior thesis. After doing some the research, I practiced on weird visual effects (glitches) and what can be a glitch. Also, how cats can see in the dark and how the moon reminds me of a glowing eye.

That's what I got.